Make life as a mom easier! You already have so much to remember and think about with your new baby, keeping track of breastfeeding shouldn’t be adding stress to your life!
Baby Tracker: Nursing keeps track of your nursing sessions with just a few clicks, allowing you to relax and focus on feeding your baby without worrying about lists and sheets of paper, stop-watches and safety pins in your bra, or extraneous ribbons and bracelets!
Baby Tracker: Nursing is a real time tool! With just a few clicks your nursing session is recorded: length of time and the side you nursed on (or both), always noting which side you nursed on last!
A detailed nursing history is always right in front of you and permanently stored in daily logs for future reference. And since it’s on your iPhone or iPod touch you always have it with you! Another thing you don’t have to remember…isn’t being a mom the best!
- Easy start/stop timer for the Left and Right nursing sides.
- Promotion of proper alternate side nursing with both visual cues (safety pins) and simple Begin (alternate) side functionality.
- Multiple baby support (up to 6), with names and easy switching (slide your finger left or right).
- Nursing history log grouped by day.
- Add new nursing sessions manually without using the timer or edit previous saved sessions.
- Record bottle feedings by type (Formula/Milk), volume (oz/mL), and amount.
- Twin and triplet support to easily nurse from one baby to the next.
- Change the background color to (Pink, Blue, Green, or Gray)
- Summed full day nursing times and session counts, ready to show your doctor or lactation consultant.
- Last Feeding time is always visible so you know when the next feeding should be.
- Automatic Timer shutoff at "59:59" just in case you get busy and forget to press stop.
- Data export via email in (CSV) format for import into Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
Available in both English and French languages.
A special thanks goes out to the following customers:
Alexandre Plisson for all his help with converting English into French.
Andreas Schroth for all his help with converting English into German.
Featured on CBS "The Early Show" for "Best New Baby Gear and Gadgets"
March 24, 2009: @ 2:25 minutes.
How do I add my child's name
Go to the iPhone's main "Settings" screen.
You will see a new item if you scroll to the bottom
Here you can set your Child's name(s), Background Color, as well as a feature called "Baby Link" if you have twins or triplets.
If you are adding multiple children don't forget to
How do I switch between multiple children?
If you followed the instructions above you should have an indicator (show below in a black box)
showing that you can switch between multiple children.
To switch people children simply swipe your finger left or right in the area with the timer.
You can even switch people children when the timer is running just in case you start feeding and realize you are displaying the wrong child.
Starting the Timer
Tap the "L" or "R" to begin the timer,
the two buttons become a single color coded "STOP" button (gray = "left", red = "right") with a
safety pin displayed on the side you are currently nursing on.
Stopping the Timer
Tap the "STOP" to bring up the action sheet.
Stop and Record ("current nursing side")
Begin ("alternate nursing") side
A safety pin with the word "Last" marks the side that was jus recorded.
Nursing Sessions are grouped by durations of 30 minutes or less between feedings.
Finding out the last time you nursed
Tap the "Last Feed" in the upper-right corner to display the last time you nursed in days, hours, and minutes.
Deleting a Nursing Session from the history log
There are two ways to delete a nursing session:
- Tap "Edit" in the upper-left corner, tap , then tap Delete.
- Swipe your finger from left to right on the session you want removed, then tap Delete.
What is "Baby Link" in the Settings Screen
When you have twins or triplets you can turn on a special feature that helps you easily nurse one child to the next.
I have Twins or Triplets, how does Baby Tracker: Nursing help?
First of all congratulations I can't imagine how hard it must be to have twins let alone triplets.
So this feature is our attempt to make your life easier while Nursing at least.
Go to the iPhone "Setting" screen:
Now turn on the "Baby Link" setting for each twin (you must have at least two active for the feature to be enabled)
When you are nursing and press the stop button a new button option will appear.
|Tapping "Begin (L) w/name" will save the current time for the active child then automatically switch to the twin or triplet and start a new timing session.|
How do I transfer all the saved data to my computer?
Tap the "Edit" button in the upper left corner, now tap the Email button.
The nursing application will quit and mail will open up with a new email waiting to be sent to your computer.
The data is written in a (CSV) format ready to import into Excel or any other spreadsheet program.
Note: For multiple children you will have to switch to the child using the swipe left or right then repeat the steps above.
- New Functionality: Added a confirm prompt when pressing the Start-Over button just in case you accidently press it.
- New Functionality: Added "Tap to Edit Row" when you tap on the Edit button to give some very simple instruction that you need to tap on the center of a table row to edit a saved entry.
- New Functionality: Added instructions when you first purchase the application to let users know where to find the preferences.
- Improved: Changed the headers of the table to be easier to read.
- Improved saving the timer (etc.) on application quit.
- New Functionality: Added two new preferences to Settings:
- An E-Mail address can be entered and will be used as the default TO: address when exporting your data.
- An "Active Combined" setting has been added that when set to ON will export all babies data as a single email.
- New Functionality: Bottle feedings are now totaled per day.
- Added a new preference to Settings to allow Last Feeding to be based on End Time instead of start time.
- Translation into German localization by Andreas Schroth, thank you so much for your help.
- Show the correct last nursed side even if the last feeding was a bottle.
- Fix a rare bug that caused the application to quit on launch and ensure the condition is not recreated.
- New Functionality: You can now record bottle feedings by type (Formula/Milk), volume (oz/mL), and amount.
- The last feeding time now uses the start of the complete session and not the start of the 2nd feeding (if there was one).
- New Functionality: Edit previously saved sessions or Manually add a new one without using the timer.
- Improvement: Move the Last Feeding functionality to always display as instead of using the last session's end time the start time is used instead.
- Fixes the text for the French localized version when exporting email as CSV..
- Translation into French localization by Alexandre Plisson, thank you so much for your help.
Version 1.0.4 Fixes
- New Functionality: Multiple child support (up to 6),
with names and easy switching (slide your finger left or right).
- New Functionality: Twin and triplet support to easily nurse from one baby to the next.
- New Functionality: Change the background color to (Pink, Blue, Green, or Gray)
- New Functionality: Data export via email in (CSV) format for import into Excel
or other spreadsheet programs.
Version 1.0.3 Fixes
- Fixed a bug that would cause the safety-pin graphic to only show the right-side upon application relaunch.
Version 1.0.2 Fixes
- Fix minor bug if timer runs between 59:00 and 59:58
- Change program to be more memory efficient and only load dates when viewed by scrolling.
Version 1.0.1 Fixes
- If the timer duration between the last recorded session and the current session exceeds 30 minutes a new nursing session will be created instead of updating the current session.
- If the "What would you like to do?" action sheet was left open when the application was closed, the session start time wouldn't be properly restored upon application re-launch.
- If the timer is started and the application is quickly closed within the first second, upon application re-launch the timer would be a negative amount.
- If the application was closed and the timer exceeded "59:59" the action sheet would appear but require two button taps to dissappear.
- We're Live on the iTunes App Store